By Art Gabot Madlaing
Last month, my good friend and practicing lawyer Atty. Cesar Fumar (licensed lawyer both in California and in the Philippines) called and requested me to notarize the Last Will and Durable Power of Attorney (DPA) of a physically handicapped and elderly father residing near the Westlake Shopping Center in Daly City, California.
Through our Mobile Signing Services (MSS), I was able to able to visit and notarize the two documents through the arrangement of Rosemarie, the daughter staying with the elderly father. Rosamarie informed me that I need to notarize two copies of the Last Will and two copies of the DPA because the father got properties both in California and in the Philippines. Rosemarie and her father were advised by Atty. Fumar that one copy of the notarized Last Will and DPA be apostilled by the Secretary of State to make them legal and binding in the Philippines.
As accredited and commissioned Notary Public and founder of Mobile Signing Services, I was able to visit Rosemarie and her father last September 13, 2022. I had the father signed the Last Will with two witnesses. I also had the father and Rosemarie signed the DPA and subsequently signed my Journal of Notarial Acts and had them put their right thumb marks.
After notarization, I submitted the Last Will and DPA to the Secretary of State, Notary Public Section in Sacramento, California for apostille . Due to the pandemic lockdown, the apostille processing took about 11 working days. The notarized DPA and Last Will were enclosed inside a prepaid USPS Priority Envelope with corresponding apostille fees issued to the Secretary of State and pertinent enclosures; and submitted through the Apostille box located at the lobby of the Secretary of State building in Sacramento, California.
After 10 days, I received the apostilled DPA and Last Will from the Secretary of State in Sacramento, California. I personally delivered the apostilled documents to Rosemarie the following day who said, ”Thanks so much.”
MSS is committed and will continue to help and assist old and new clients in the notarization and apostille follow up of Durable Power of Attorney (DPA), Last Wil, Affidavits, Special Power of Attorney (SPA), DEED OF DONATION, Deed of Extrajudicial Settlement of Estate with Partition, Deed of Absolute Sale and other documents needed in the Philippines and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention. Here are some advantages and benefits with MSS:
- ELDERLY DISCOUNT – We give special discounts to all elderly clients.
- DISCOUNTS ON MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS AND MULTIPLE SIGNATURES – We offer 5% to 10% discounts on multiple documents and multiple signatures for old and new clients.
- SAVINGS ON GAS AND MILEAGE FEES – We encourage old and new clients to come to our home-office in San Francisco to save on gas and mileage fees (($60 to $130).
- FREE PARKING FEES – Many of our old clients were complaining of the expensive parking fees when we had our office at the Philippine Center, close to the Philippine Consulate in San Francisco, California. With our home-office in San Francisco, old and new clients will now have free parking in our driveway and available street parking spaces nearby.
- VERY FLEXIBLE APPOINTMENTS – We offer very flexible appointments for old and new clients during and after regular office hours and weekends except Sunday.
- FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS – For those who can’t come to our home-office in San Francisco, we can do notarization of documents in your home, office, schools, BART lobby, hospitals, Post Office lobby, restaurants and other locations.
- AVOID TAKING OFF FROM WORK – Old and new clients don’t need to take off from work and drive to Sacramento just to submit and follow up on the apostille of notarized documents. Through our unique, complete and professional services, MSS will take care everything for you.
- DISCOUNTED DOCUMENTS PREPARATION – Through our para-legal partner and lawyer-friends, MSS offers discounts in the drafting and preparation of documents for old and new clients.
- CONVENIENCE AND PEACE OF MIND – Old and new clients can have total convenience and peace of mind with the unique, complete, prompt and efficient services at MSS. Most of the time, it is more convenient and economical for you to avail yourself with the services at MSS.
For immediate help and assistance in the notarization and apostille follow-up of Affidavits, Special Power of Attorney (SPA), DEED OF DONATION, Last Will, Durable Power of Attorney (DPA) and other documents needed in the Philippines and the other member nations of the Hague Apostille Convention, just write or call: MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, 730 Madrid Street, San Francisco, CA 94112 Tel. (650)438-3531 or (415)584-7095 or emai:email@example.com
(ART GABOT MADLAING is accredited and commissioned Notary Public and licensed Real Estate Broker (DRE#00635976) in California since 1981. He is the founder of MOBILE SIGNING SERVICES, FITNESS FOR HUMANTY (aka FITNESS FOR CHRIST) and ACAPINOY. Art is active Evangelist with the GOLDEN GATE CHURCH OF CHRIST in San Francisco, California USA.)